Arroyo Grande Care Center
Only those with a positive attitude, outstanding customer service and an incredible work ethic need apply:
Arroyo Grande Care Center, part of Compass Health Inc., is looking for an experienced and passionate Dietary Director. The ideal candidate is a Certified Dietary Manager or has experience in healthcare foodservice. Possess strong verbal and written communication abilities and demonstrates positive leadership and teambuilding qualities. The ideal Dietary Director is also a passionate heart for community and geriatric and disabled persons.
The Dietary Director plays an essential part of the organization by administering and planning the activities of the dietary department. Establishes policies and procedures according to state and federal regulations and facility guidelines with some of the duties also including:
• Evaluates each arriving patient’s nutritional needs, develops a nutritional care plan, contacts physician regarding plan and updates plan according to condition.
• Monitors sanitation of kitchen in order to comply with federal and state standards.
• Maintains a cardex file containing a diet card for each patient.
• Purchases of all dietary supplies. Maintains a list of vendors, date and times for delivery. Records quantity and price for all foods and supplies received.
• Prepares cost control records for the dietary department and submits them to the Administrator on a regular basis.
• Serves on the Patient Care Policy Committee, Infection Control Committee and Safety Committee and attends Utilization Review meetings.
• Promotes a safe environment within the facility which includes fire and accident prevention, maintenance of sanitary conditions and assurance that all dietary personnel understands their roles in the event of a disaster or other disruption of services.
• Stays fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary
• Maintains a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency.
• Identifies meaningful achievement goals which will provide standards against which to measure performance achieved.
• Supervises the orientation and training of personnel to maximize their work potential in a minimum of time and permit promotion from within as the needs of the company may require.
• Recommends transfer or dismissal of unqualified or otherwise unsatisfactory employees and salary adjustments and/or promotion where merited or appropriate.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
Full job description available during interview process.
Compass Health Inc. is a local, community-driven company which offers this position Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits. Along with a company matched 401(k), Flexible Time Off and paid holidays.
Please submit resume via email or apply in person at:
1212 Farroll Ave. Arroyo Grande, CA 93420